YOU AND ME... AND BLUE HAWAII...

Aloha!


After a superbusy fall and an even busier beginning to 2008, I was finally smart enough to take some time off to get my head back together. I am very lucky and grateful for having a lot of work, but sometimes too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I've always had problems with the word NO and burning my candle at both ends starts to show and feel. I hesitated to bring my camera with, hoping to have a 100% not work related vacation, but at the last minute I threw it in anyway. I am glad I did, my first visit to Hawaii was memorable in many ways.

Like I might have mentioned before, my world traveller husband is the best when it comes to planning vacations and oops...he did it again! This time he found
Hamakua Hideaway, a far away cabin on the northern coast of Hawaii's Big Island. If you are planning a honeymoon or just need some quality time with your significant other, this is just the place for you. It is a cabin, built in a 100 year old mango tree. A cabin that just happens to have three walls made of glass and the most beautiful view. Just a little cabin with a jacuzzi with a view and a king bed with the view. It is just the most romantic place I have been in a long time and if you don't agree, I strongly recommend to get some sort of medication or look for a new significant other.

Our host Jim was a soft spoken, smart man with an enviable aura of peace and tranquility floating around him. He gave us valuable inside info regarding places to visit and things to do. Here are some memories I brought back.
Sunrise at Laupahoehoe Point.
The plumerias are blooming at Kukuihaele County Cemetery.
Glass From the Past Antique Store at Honomu.

Farmers Market at Hilo.







Children of Hilo.

Sunset at Mauna Kea...
...and over the Kona coast.

It will be a busy three weeks of shootings before I pack my bags again and head for another first time visit, this time to Japan. I am pretty sure I'll take my camera with...